Monday, September 23, 2013

 
Well hey there, funny seeing y'all here! Small world I suppose! Another week in the books! And just like last time I don't know where to start! I think the day by day thing was pretty convenient with my handy dandy journal nearby. So I think I will go right into that! Oh and I was able to hop back on for a quick second last Pday and printed off the email after you resent it! Thank you so much! Such a miracle in and of itself. Y'all are the best! Whatever I pay you right now, double it! ;) Our  work is starting to finally churn out some results. Hopefully it will start turning into the dunkathon! Get Dunked!! 

So after I emailed you, we had dinner at the Heinhold family (big Utah fans, it felt more homely) and Sister Heinhold offered to cut our hair! She did an awesome job, and she and her family are just overall incredible people. Their Second youngest, Autumn, is having her baptism this weekend and we will get to be the witnesses! It will be awesome! They are also inviting her friends and non member friends, so hopefully we can turn that into a good finding experience! That and I didn't get to bed until 12:45 that night... Why can't the south have siestas? :(

Tuesday was good as well. District meeting was good. It is still a little odd being with 2 sister companionships, and then just me and Elder Savage. But we manage. We role played a little, and they all mentioned that I am pretty enthusiastic when I approach people. Maybe that is just in comparison to my companion haha. He is definitely more serious and collected. We had our first bike incident, with one of us getting a flat tire. And I will narrow it down for you, it wasn't me. Luckily we were in the neighborhood of the Miller's. Super legit family! Their oldest daughter is serving in Sweden actually! But, we ran all around getting a new tire and tube. Which leads me to my first request, I could use like an emergency kit for bikes, that just kind of sit underneath the seat. I can't find anything around here, but it has tools, a tube, co2 cartridge, patches, chain replacements, etc. If I could get my hands on that, that would give me a little more peace of mind haha. But the biking is good. We went to this place called Moe's. It is a mexican restaurant, but it is no where near the level of Cafe Rio, or Beto's! It was still good though.

Wednesday, hump day. For the first time since I left for my mission, I got to bed on time! Freaky right? I also woke up not tired! It is a Christmas Miracle I tell you! Hopefully we can start getting to bed sooner! It was a super long bike day, but the weather has been quite merciful on us. It was cooler and cloud cover. Not as humid either. I dug it! Fall is right around the corner. Which I can't wait for that either! It'll be beautiful! Another first for both of us, was that we tracted out a whole street. Nothing too amazing happened, but I did 3/4 of the doors. We ran into a young red neck kid named Brady, and he was cleaning his car after goin muddin all night. He only had shorts on, and those were doing their best to cling to him! And, we didn't have a dinner appointment until the amazing Barnes family bailed us out! They are such awesome people really. We have to be related :) Miracles I tell you! After dinner we taught a lesson to Bob Feeney, a GT professor for electrical engineering. But he has been taught a lot. We read a chapter of the BOM with him, Alma 12.

Thursday always seem to be the slowest! Our weekly planning went way over time, so we didn't get out until 3:00. Then we had dinner at the Curby's house at 5:30. So not too much time to hit the streets! And they are awesome people too. There are just so many incredible members out here I tell you! They have a cute family too! Their youngest, Madi, kept telling Sister Curby to not take these cookies they bought back to the store. She kept saying it! It was cute haha. We got to play some basketball again, but our investigator couldn't make it and didn't tell us. We played anyways. It was a lot of fun! We will be playing this coming Tuesday too! We didn't get home until like 10:30 as well... 

Friday nothing too notable happened. We went to eat for Lunch with some potential investigators at a japanese restaurant. Then later on we had dinner with the Gebs/Wiblin family. And their kids are so much fun too! Kids just gravitate towards me, and I can't figure out why. I did get the package you sent Mom! I loved it! We had been out of candy for a few days now! I can't live without some snackage! I am going to put the odometer on today as well! I think I will be pretty disappointed with how far we really go haha. But it will be neat! I think my favorite candy corn might be the chocolate covered actually! I never thought about that! But they are pretty good. I love candy corn! How did you know?? :)

Saturday was my first Georgia Rain storm. And it poured. all. day. long. BUT! We managed to get to a rugby game!!! Life University is right around the corner actually. A lot of the members here either work there or go to school. They are a big Chiropractic institution. But, we were hoping to talk to a bunch of people, but the rain prevented us. It was like at nationals in Pittsburg that one year. But it poured all day! I loved the game though! Put me in coach! Maybe I will have to come to school out here after all.

Sunday Funday of course! Sacrament was good, and people appreciated my haircut haha. I think the ward likes teasing me! But I can handle it! I have a thought I will share towards the end of the email! AND, we got our first legit first lesson in! We taught a man named Allen Robinson. Long story short, he has been inactive Methodist for 6 years, and his wife wants him to go to any church! We won't see him until next week, but he seems really interested! We also got to stop in at a recent converts block party, which was awesome! Real music!! Real people!! We got to dress down too, so we weren't as intimidating. Then another miracle compliments of the Barnes's, they asked if we had a dinner appointment. And we didn't! Yet again, we have been fed by them! They are amazing I tell you what! It totally runs in the name! ;) We also got to stand in on conferring the priesthood on John Steele. It was a sweet moment. He is an awesome guy, with such a great story to tell. 

That just about wraps up my day! It is so awesome to hear from everyone. I don't know if I will be able to reply to all of it, because time is always so short here. But I love hearing what everyone is up to! Dad: I caught wind of the game. All of these Zoobs out here are pretty down. I revel in it >:) Will they schedule BYU for next year too? I keep hearing how crazy the NFL is right now. It sounds like it is anybody's to take. Maybe I can catch a superbowl while I am out here. Only if it is the Falcons I suppose!  I forgot to mention the roads out here are crazy! They don't believe in the grid system at all. So I think of the Californian's skit on SNL. I will perfect the accent and then it will be funny to give directions, because no one out here knows directions like North, South, East, West... But if you rattle off a road or lefts or rights, they get you haha. Interesting world I tell you! 
 
Mom I feel like our weeks are pretty crazy, for different reasons, but hang in there! I know you appreciate the photos, so I am more than willing to ask the members if they would send something! They all understand it out here! We never cook, and the members wont let me do the dishes. I will get to them eventually! 3 days to get a package? That is amazing! I really appreciate all of them you send to me!  Oh and that is awesome my friends stopped in! How are they doing? I got their Dear Elders, but I don't know the return address to send a letter too. I hope you directed them to my blog, because that will be probably the most complete thing to see. If you could get their address that would be awesome too. And Aunt Marie sent a huge box of otter pops, and it was oh so nice! We have so so many each day! Have an incredible week! I can't wait to hear from you again! You keep on smiling too! I wonder where I got my smile from anyways... :)  Y'all are always in my prayers!

I need to get rolling! Know that I am hanging in here! The transfer is winding down too! I am finally starting to see some success! We get to teach Seminary tomorrow too, at 6:30... But it will be good! Ya'll keep sticking it out back in Utah! I am so thrilled to hear from everyone every week! Have a blessed up week Fam!!

Love Elder Barnes

Thought: There are 5 L's to living like Christ ~ Love, Listen, Learn, Lift, & Lead. Do your best to strive for all of those! I know that it will make a difference! I love you all so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment