Monday, March 10, 2014

The Day is Mine!
It appears that y'all have come to prove something to me this week. That y'all are amazing! I get that reaffirmed every week! Thank you for the emails, I love being able to check up on what is happening West of the Mississippi! It started off as a little shaky of a week, but then finished with a bang! Namely, Elder Cook coming to visit us and the North Mission. He is one very inspired man! But let me get going with my week!
Monday we did hit up Stone Mountain, wandered around it, and eventually summited it! I will send some photos. It was so frigid, especially when we made it to the top. It must have been 30's with a wind chill. The hike isn't too exhausting, being only a mile or so. But it was fun to get out and go revisit the place! You will certainly have to come and check it out! I also picked something up for y'all that I will need to send. It was a bargain, but I think you will know what to do with it, especially come Lake Powell time. That is all the hint I will give you!
Tuesday, we had to move our Investigators Michelle and Timothy out of their home, to go live with her parents that live in the Brockett Ward. It was hard to see them go, because we were making such progress with them! They came to Church the previous Sunday after not coming in 10 years! Luckily the Lord has been mindful of her and she has been nearby missionaries her whole life. We later went to give a blessing to a Recent Convert named Micah. He is an absolute stud! He is 22, speaks 5 languages, and is wanting to serve a mission ASAP. He had been a little down in the ditches, so he felt that a blessing would pick his spirits up. They work on faith, and he is chalked full of it! He is the kind of convert I want to come back and visit! They are out there, I just need to find them!
Wednesday we got to attend the home of the Lord, and be counseled by the Leaders at Zone Training. It was enlightening as usual! The temple is just amazing too. Everything is so much more clear in there! Attend it often my people! In it there is peace that only can be found there!

Thursday was our flop day. We had 4 meetings set up, and all fell through. It was going to be cool, because we were teaching each lesson 1 through 4. Why can't people be more accountable, or at least people of their words. At least let us know that you can't come. It worked out fine, and we were able to find some more awesome people. One thing that I have noticed is how the Buses just lull you to sleep. It is getting worse too. I still hate earphones, definitely created by Satan to prevent the work of salvation. Thank you Mom for the Pizza! You are quite the chef!
Friday we had an impromptu leadership meeting by the Assistants to clarify some points, especially about planning and goal setting. Two life skills that I definitely want to have mastered when my time is up! If I can't master it on the mission, I likely won't ever master it. We met with a Less Active member, Brother Valvo, and he has been through a ton. He only has $3 to his name. But he is one stalwart man. It still amazes me to see what people can be tested and put through. It just goes to say that the heaviest burdens are placed upon those that can bear its weight. We had a meeting to finally meet with our top investigator Nieta. I mentioned her before, but we got to meet up with her at the church. Our bus never came after dinner, so we literally ran to the church. It was a few miles, at least that is what it felt like. Totally worth it! We asked her how she felt about the Book of Mormon, and she said she has already received her answer that it is true. Fill dat font! Super pumped for her!
Saturday was the big day with Elder Cook. It was so great! I wonder how many apostles I will get to see while serving! It seems like Georgia is a Hot spot for the Apostles! One thing that he mentioned was how the missionary selection process works. He said each member of the 12 gets a day ( I wonder who assigned me!), and the inspiration comes by three means. First is the mission president, that he will have the most profound influence on the missionary. Second, is the people and culture will be the place that has the most influence on them. Or the third was kind of a random feeling about a certain place, not knowing for sure what lies in wait for them. He also mentioned that they sometimes go back and reassign based on how the Spirit spoke with them. Elder Cook also testified that "He has heard the voice of the Savior." His closing remarks were that we are to never underestimate the power of our faith, a lot like the woman who touched the hem of the Savior's robe, faith alone can heal us and make us whole! He left an Apostolic blessing too, which was so catered to my heart, God is good!
Sunday was exceptionally great because it was ward conference. The Stake President walked in wearing a fedora! President Sullivan is super inspired. A few words from him I will share! "If we aren't bringing people to Christ, we are doing nothing at all."  It was a great meeting, we also spoke on testimony vs conversion, as well as being a good Shepherd. Let me share just one quick miracle. On the way home from church, we rode the MARTA train to get to our station. We made it there safely and spoke with a few people along the way, then waited for the Bus to come. It finally arrived, and the driver, Melinda hopped out, looked at us. I smiled, she looked away then looked back, then asked me,"Can you please pray for me?" Of course we could! She came back after using the restroom and I asked her what was going on in her life. She said that her marriage with her husband is in jeopardy, but what really is tearing her up, is that her 21 year old son's marriage is in an even worse spot. I just testified that the Restored Gospel can mend all wounds, and that her family can be happy and live forever. I showed her a picture of my family, and told her that she could have that too. She later called us that evening to set up a time to come visit her. The Gospel is so true! A smile goes a long ways, and it never ceases to amaze me that people know that they can come to us as representatives of Christ. God is so good, too good at times!

That is about my week brothers and sisters! Thanks again for the emails! It makes this a lot easier! I appreciate all the time and sacrifice you put forth! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for y'all! Keep being amazing, find a reason to smile (if you cannot find a reason, make one up!), fight the good fight, continue in faith! Have another super blessed up week and I will hear from y'all soon! Love all y'all!

Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes

"The Lord knows exactly how to use us as instruments, but are we willing to be used by His Hands?"

No comments:

Post a Comment