Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall. Who's the Tannest of them All?
Lake Powell was bomb! I am so glad I got to go! The food was top notch, the company even better! Those pictures are hysterical, by the way! I got such a kick out of them! I think I may need to go a little more blonde by the time I get home if I want to even compete with that guy! Is he planning on coming next year too? I am so glad to hear you all had a safe and eventful journey to the land of plenty. Plenty of fun of course! Georgia is grand though! Not a place I'd rather be! This week in Decatur, Georgia:
Up #1: One small miracle for y'all that came just yesterday. Earlier in the week, we sat down with an Investigator's son, named Floyd, who is 19. He expressed to us how his life is in turmoil, and all that he wants is to live "the normal life". We testified of the Book of Mormon and it's divinity, and that he could receive what he was looking for through obedience. As we met with him yesterday, he said, "Every time I think or Look at the Book of Mormon, I feel complete Happiness." His demeanor has changed, he got a Job interview, he is changing his friend group, and wants to be baptized. The Book of Mormon is true!
Up #2: Planning works, and yes Mom, I am now using gift cards and lists... You win! You are always right! We were so blessed this week from finding, to getting members out to teach with us, to every little tender mercy. In particular, we achieved the Standard for Member Present Lessons, which is 20 per week. I have yet to accomplish that in my service, but I know that when we expect it to happen, pray for it to happen, then work diligently so it will happen, God will guarantee it, because he probably wants it even more than we do.
Down #1: We sat down with a lady that I had spoken with only on the phone, back in February. We helped her and built her faith, she would even call us to get our opinion, or to have us pray with her to lift her spirits. She was going through a lot at the time and she needed us. You may be wondering why this is a down, well, we lost her number, got in contact with her through the other missionaries, and we got to sit down with her yesterday. She is so nice, just like we experienced on the phone, but she is not open, at all, to change. It was so disheartening to see someone who was so prepared, turn away what we were offering, namely, the only way back to Heavenly Father. I am not sure how much we will be visiting with her, but there needs to be some softening, like butter in the microwave almost! It is sad to see so many people dwindle in unbelief.
Up #3: Our Recent Convert, Nieta! She has so much faith and is so ready to roll! She had to work this past Sunday, but after much contemplation, she texted us that she is done with having to work Sundays. That she will trust in the Lord that he will provide her a way to be provided for! The faith of the people in the South truly amazes me. God is Priority here, and he should be numero uno! She arrived at church with her Daughter. It is impossible to not be happy around her!
Down #2: Our amazing Less Active Member, Bro. Priest, fell off the radar. We called the home he was staying at, and he totally disappeared. He doesn't live there any more, left no forwarding or contact information. It worries me sick. I hope and pray that he is okay, and that he will show up soon! We are going to do everything in our power to make sure that he is doing okay. The world is just small enough, but at the same time, it is just large enough.
Up #4: We had President and Sister Harding come to our ward to speak just yesterday, and they are incredible people! So loving, so full of faith, and they even attended the Linger Longer (Post Church Meal/Get together). They inspire me to do better! He'll be a General Authority! I have gotten to know them a lot more, and they are the same wherever they go! I am so blessed to be called to the Georgia Atlanta Mission! Certainly, the best mission in the world!
That's the biggest stories in the world of Elder Barnes! I love you all so much, thanks for all that you do! I greatly appreciate everything! Let me know what I can do better, or do for you! Have another blessed up week! Hear from y'all soon!

Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes
"Anyone can baptize anyone, take John the Baptist for Example." Satan (in the form of a man we spoke with)
"Does God have a Dog?" 5 Year old kid.

"You only got one shot at today, let's make it count."

No comments:

Post a Comment