Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

Happy Pioneer Day! 
What do y'all have planned? Hopefully you make the most of it! People out here have been confused that we celebrate that as a holiday, how sad is that? Needless to say, I am very grateful for my pioneer heritage! Glad to see everyone is still alive and well, that's a load off my mind :)  Let me just preface this week by saying it was the most fruitful, faith and miracle filled one that I have had since coming out. Miracles are in response to faith, not a precursor to it!
Up #1: We had a "No-Walk Wednesday" where we ran every where we went (so thankful I am not on MARTA anymore, we practically ran every where anyways) to a street we prayed about the night before. The name: Bacon St! How easy would it be to talk about Bacon then relate it to the restoration? We thought it would be super easy! We made it there, started running, saw an open door in the Apartment complex (luckily it led to a hallway, that'd be a little awkward if it was an apartment..) and went up the stairs, got stared at by a lady from  Burma, who didn't know a lick of English, she knocked on her neighbor's door, and out came a lady named Kai San. She is a Christian Refugee from Burma, her father is a pastor back there, and she wants to come close to Christ and find a Church home. Her English is is pretyt darn good for only being here a few years, but she told us she wanted to be baptized, and then to teach all of her neighbors (all Christian Refugees as well). We are hoping and praying to start a Burmese Branch (there is a Vietnamese one near by). 

Down #1: We went on exchange on Friday, and I went up to the Dunwwody Area for the Day. Let me just say, the Church is so true, and it will always be opposed. With that being said, the very first door we knocked, me and a newer missionary, was a lady who was butt naked. The door was the only article of clothing she had on, if you could call it even that. The more we spoke, the more she showed. My eyes were laser focused on her eyes. She then proceeded to cuss us out, dropping a colorful arrangement of four letter words that you probably shouldn't say in front of your Mom, or Grandma. She went on a tangent about Christopher Columbus, and how she was offended as a Christian with us knocking on her door. What she was doing naked at 2:30 in the afternoon, I know not, nor do I seek to find out. 
Up #2: We labored very diligently in getting members to come out and teach with us! We didn't quite hit the standard, but our efforts came to fruition at Sacrament Meeting. We had 8 People there! All of which are progressing towards baptism. It has been a dry July, but it will be a wet August here in the Twin Oaks Ward! The most amazing one was that, a random lady named Kia, just got home from Basic Training, and attended church out there, and felt like she needed to try it out when she got home. The Lord is preparing many people! It was one of the most stressful Sundays I have had, for all of the right reasons.

Up #3: Our most progressing investigator, Jericka, set a new date for the 9th of August, and I know she will be baptized on that day! She was testifying to us how her live has changed so much since she started reading, praying, and attending church. She is going to school soon, is getting a job, and is happier than I have ever seen her. She has teared up a few times in lessons, and what I can say is that the power of the Atonement changes lives, and I am so blessed to have a front row seat to see it in action! There is no place I'd ever want to be right now, than in Georgia! God is in the soil! 
My time is running short, so that is about all that I have time for! 
That's about a rap here, Thanks for all that you do for me, have a most excellent Pioneer Day! Let me Know what I can do to help you! Make it a blessed up week! Love you all so much! See you in 7.... days :)

Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes


Charity never feareth - 1st John 4:16
"I date by faith, not by sight." The true motto behind blind dates

"I'm going to have to give some things up in Heaven, it'll be great to skydive without a parachute, or fly really high, but I'll have to be a vegan." A member's young son in Deacons Quorum.

No comments:

Post a Comment