Monday, August 4, 2014

Aug 4th 2014

Already August, oh the Joy!
It is so good to hear from everyone once again! Thanks for everything that you all do for me, the emails are always just what I need to get the week going, or to conclude the week that has just passed. God is Good, Georgia is great as well. Seems like everything is still in tact out there in Utah, which makes me so happy. Let me tackle a pinch of my week! I am all for suggestions and ways I could make this email better, so throw them out! For today, I will do the Ups and Downs!
Up #1: Most certainly it has to be our new companion! Elder Leavitt is the man! He reminds me so much of myself! He is from Kaysville, Utah (he lives next to a road called Barnes Dr. Coincidence?!). He just recently graduated High School, but has a Scholarship for track at BYU. He runs the 400m. He has such earnest desires to serve the Lord, and is miles ahead (maybe cause he runs so fast) of where I was when I first came out. He has such potential and I know that with the Lord's help, he will achieve all of the expectations the Lord has. He keeps things fun and interesting, but he is sharp as a tack!
Up #2: I need to brag up our three investigators that will be baptized this month! Jericka is going to be baptized this Saturday, and she called herself "a big ole peach pie, all sweet and everything." She really is one of the sweetest and funniest people I have met. She's up there with Nieta. Impossible to walk away with anything less than a smile from our conversations. She keeps telling us how her Baptism isn't coming quick enough. Splash-down, ETA 5 Days. Rick and Tiny were taken to Monroe, Georgia by family that is all up in arms not about them getting married, but about the church. They were only supposed to be out there a day, but they were kept there the whole week. They told us that it didn't matter what the family said, because they know that it is all true. They are another set of people that you cannot walk away from without a smile on. I am so blessed by the testimonies of those that I teach! Another way the Lord bears me up!
Down #1: I don't have any downs. What an amazing week!

Up #3: We had quite the prayer answered this past week. We were in a neighborhood, truly seeking for the family that the Lord had prepared to hear this message, and we were led to some teenagers playing some ball in the street. They heckled us a little, then we put our money (we don't have much as missionaries to begin with...) where our mouths are. The Lord provides! I feel like I was jumping higher! I think the Lord might wear Air Jordan's instead of the Ecco's that I had on. We took it to them, and afterwards, they were more than eager to hear what we had to say. They all took copies of the Book of Mormon. One of them was totally serious when he looked at us and said, "I am going right to my room, locking my door, sitting down, and reading this." We ended up finding three families that day and we are so eager to show them that when you are on the Lord's team, you always come out on top.
Up #4: The Allen's (the senior couple) They offered to buy me two new suits, because the ones I had gotten smaller (or I am getting bigger, probably the latter). It was one of the sweetest and most touching things. Their only invitation was to pay it forward when I am in their situation down the road. They are true disciples of Christ. They should probably be careful because they may just get translated if they get any sweeter. I am forever grateful for them. They are such examples of what I want to be like down the road. Love them so much!

That's about it! Thank for all that you do for for me! I am so happy, blessed, and proud to be surrounded by such amazing family and friends! I know that none of this is coincidence. I love each and everyone of you so very much! Keep being amazing! Keep the faith! Have another blessed up week! Let me know what I can do to help you!
Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes
"There is nothing more powerful than a Mom." President Harding
"Anonymity is your best friend when being pantsed." Our Elders Quorum President

"The Book of Mormon is awesome....is it okay if I say that in a prayer?" Jericka (during a prayer) 

No comments:

Post a Comment