Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Aug 25

This just in from the Grand Land of Georgia!
Missionaries run rampant through the streets of Decatur proclaiming that Christ's Church has been restored.
Sometimes I have to live up to that poster that hangs in my room, I mean, I am kind of a big deal if that is the case. I still need to find a good colorful suit to bring on home! Any who, thanks again for the constant and consistent emailing! I really do appreciate all the pains and toils of sending me a snippet of your week, I've been there before... It makes all the difference! I am so blessed to have y'all in my life!
Up! I have officially finished another Journal! By small and Simple means are great things brought to pass! I cannot wait to review some of my experiences later on down the road. The Book of Mormon was practically a journal. Although, I doubt my work would ever constitute for modern scripture. But should be good for a couple of laughs.
Up, Up! I had been wanting to go see a family I met two months back from Sierra Leone, and finally made our way over there. We met a lady named Marina, a mother, and she wanted to have us speak to her son, Paul, who is 19. For some reason, we hadn't been back, but finally pulled the trigger. Come to find out, Paul had asked frequently to when we would be back. He wants to join the church as soon as possible. That is a missionary right there who will affect many! He soaked up the Restoration and planned to read the Book of Mormon right after we left! The Holy Ghost does work according to our faith! I am so grateful for that gift!

Up, Up, & Away! I was out with a member one evening, and we were inspired to go see a referral we had spoken too. He was pretty prime from what we gathered, but stopped taking our calls. So we just dropped by. Come to find out, he doesn't live there, we get let into this house where they don't know the name of the man we are looking for, and then proceed to teach the Doctrine of Christ. A lady named Nubia came out and she was stand off-ish at first, but really soaked up what we had to say. She had just moved from Minnesota to escape a bad environment, has a young daughter, and looking to start over. She teared up as we spoke of Christ and the Church. The Lord work's in mysterious ways, for which I am grateful! I love a good surprise (kind of like that Mustang I got on my 16th birthday...)

To Infinity & Beyond! Rick and Tiny are the Bee's knees, if they have knees that is. Who ever came up with that expression? They are preparing more and more to be married and baptized here in the coming weeks! They are so battle tested, and the members have been chipping in with more help to make sure they don't go hungry! Rick has an interview this week! I am just so grateful that our prayers were answered that day to find a family, and that their prayers are continuing to be answered!
Little Down: Our A/C broke this weekend. 85 in the apartment at night makes things interesting. And sweaty. It was Lake Powell-esque though! A member brought some fans for us to use, that is making things manageable.
Transfers aren't for two more weeks I believe The mission provides CO detectors, so no worries there Mom. Our appartment is all electric too. Challenge accepted with the Domino's delivery boy! It has happened before! What a great story that will be!

Love each and every one of you so very much! Keep up the good work! I am so proud of each of you! Thanks for all that you do for me! Let me know what I can do for you! Have a blessed up week and we will chat in a weeks time!
Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes
"God's backhand is the most beautiful slap in the face you can ever take. I hope the hand of the Lord keeps slapping me some more." Jeff, our investigator, who is apparently losing brain cells each slap.

No comments:

Post a Comment