Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sept 2, 2014
Labor Day, the most misunderstood Holiday,

But let’s be real for a moment. Labor Day = Day of No Labor? Someone really pulled a fast one there. Either way, it was a great day, where we actually lived up to the name of the holiday! But first and foremost, Happy Birthday Mom! You are amazing and I love you so very much! I hope that your Birthday was filled with many smiles and much fun! That’s like the very least that we could do for you! You must be like, 25 if my calculations are right. I probably overshot the age, but tell me if I am wrong :)

Up of the Week: We were out laboring diligently yesterday and we were blessed so abundantly! We found a full family of 11, married and looking for a church. They have never joined a church because they didn’t know which one was right. As my Southern Brothers and Sisters would say, HALLELUJAH! Teaching them the Restoration to them was a testimony building experience and the Spirit was certainly there! I sometimes have to pinch myself and ask, like in Alma 32, “Is not this real?” Yes, this is real, the church is true, and God loves each of us!

Down… Rick and Tiny have been evicted and are now staying in their car. Their dog just was attacked and are facing the decision of what they can do with him. If he is anything like Sam, he’ll be A-okay. It seems like it is one thing after another with them. They get a glimmer of hope, and then bam, snatched out of the sky like Ginger and Sam with Dragon Flies at Lake Powell. God is putting them through the ringer, but they will be so battle hardened!

Forever Up: My Family! There aren’t many days that I don’t think of something about y’all. I am so grateful and extremely thankful for being raised in such a loving environment. We put the fun in dysfunctional, but hey, someone has to do it! I see so many families (if you can call them that) which Satan has chewed up and spit out. It is so emotionally taxing to see the effects of his works. Thanks for being who you are and for being so special to me! I know I was far from easy to get along with, but I am eternally grateful for y’all! Love you so very much!


That is about a wrap! Thanks again for all that you do for me, and my companions! The Pizza was spot on Mom! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Keep up the good fight of faith, and never ever give up! Love you all so very much! Have a blessed up week!

Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes

The Miracle of the Atonement is that obstacles become opportunities.
“Every day is a new opportunity to brighten a life.” Sister Harding

“Follow your heart, but don’t forget your Brain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment