Monday, September 8, 2014

Sept 8th
The Transfer Fairy!
First off, Jesus Christ Lives! And all good things that we have received, are receiving now, or will ever receive is because of Him! I am so grateful for what he has done for us all. He live! As for the fairy, I didn’t put a tooth under my pillow, but we still managed to get a call this morning. The Lord is calling me another direction! For which I am eager and excited, but I would be lying if I didn’t say it was a little saddening. Bittersweet is the best term that I can come up with to describe my feelings. The Twin Oaks Ward and the Decatur Area will have a very fond place in my heart for eternity. I could spend a whole mission here, it truly is a grand land. Georgia is incredible! Once again, I am excited for what the Lord has in store for me. I remember the long cold snowy trek from Lost Mountain to Twin Oaks as if it were yesterday. It feels like it has all been such a great dream. I know in whom I have trusted, and I know what I have promised. I am so grateful to be serving a mission, to be on the Lord’s errand, and to labor amongst His children and help them receive His greatest blessings! God is good!
Up: We had a Fast Sunday Miracle, with a young man I had taught a while back, that finally came to church, Paul is his name. He came an hour early in his mom’s car to make sure he could find the church, then took the car back home, then walked to church. He is 19 and I can see him with the Badge, and having received the call to gather the lost sheep. He has agreed to be baptized on the 27th of September!
Up: Everyone managed to notice our subtlety matching ties! Thanks Mom! I will make sure to attach a picture. You make us look real good! It is good to be “Back in School.”
Down: No further downs, your Honor.
Up: Funny moment of the week involved me and Elder Olive (I was in the MTC with him). We were on exchanges and we were wrapping up the day. A member told us that he met a man named Steve in the complex and he was the only white guy he knew of. We joked and said we were going to start yelling for Steve. No joke, we walk around the corner, seeing a white man walking his dogs, and we start speaking with him. I mustered up the courage to ask, “Would your name happen to be Steve?” To which he responded, “Why do you ask?!” WE FOUND STEVE! He is wanting to join a church and be baptized. God has a sense of humor!
 It appears that it is that time again! Thanks for the email and the status report on what is happening out there in Alpine and the related areas! You are all such examples to me, so keep on keeping on. Fight the good fight, and have another blessed up week! Love you all so much, and let me know what I can do for y’all! 
Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes
We are of the Household of Faith, not the Household of Fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment