Monday, September 22, 2014

Sept 22

There’s a snake in my boot,

Not really, I don’t even have boots in the first place, but! We did find a snake outside our apartment! So we did what Moses invited the children of Israel to do, look and live! But needless to say, all is well in the grand land of Georgia! God is still in the soil! He also seems to be the temperature, because He is turning down the heat in Hotlanta. We’ll just see what we can do to light it up with the baptism by fire, yea, even by the Holy Ghost. It was a stellar week! I am so happy to be alive and to be serving the Lord! Surely there is no place that I ought to be right now.

Ups: The greatest news that we received was for a many that we are teaching, and that missionaries have been teaching for a good minute, finally has decided to pull the trigger on baptism. Bro Hoyt will be baptized not this weekend, but the next! We have some things we need to iron out, but the miracle was that we set the date for the 18th, and apparently the 4th seemed better to him. He has never been happier; they even had us over for a deep fried turkey feast.

 Another great miracle was that we were having a longer day, even a member was out with us. No one, nor their dogs, nor their dog’s dogs were answering the door. And lo and behold, as we were backing the car out, a young man (25) came and starting speaking with us saying,” Y’all seem really friendly, do you represent Jesus Christ?” Alonzo and his Mom came to church and loved it. They both accepted to be baptized on the 18th of October! Many are prepared! That is a scientific fact! 

I got to spend a lunch with the incredible Miller Family! It was good to see them, and we will be working with Bro. Miller because he is the Stake High Councilman over missionary work. They are amazing, truly! I am so blessed to have had the chance to get to know them so well and many others in the Lost Mountain Ward. I got to see Krysta (investigator from Lost Mountain) and it was so incredible to see her too! She is doing well and is looking to be baptized in December! I hope I am there for that! She is amazing! I also had the immense blessing of seeing the Phillip’s family! I love them so much! I am at a lack of words with describing how legit they are! I was so happy to see them!

Down: It isn’t really a down, but we didn’t achieve the goals we were hoping for. We had everything set up for the lessons we hoped we would teach, and things fell through. I may be a little disappointed about not reaching as many people, but I am certainly not discouraged. Good things are to come this week! I know it! I also think I could use the Book of Mormon more. Once again, not really a down.

All Arounds: I just want to have an all around thank you for everything that everyone has done for me! Prayers, emails, letters, packages, love, and what have you. I am surrounded by amazing people, and for that I am eternally grateful. I don’t know where I would be without y’all! So, simply stated,Thank You.

That is about a wrap! Thanks again and keep on keeping on! Fight the good fight, have a blessed up one! And we will chat in about weeks time! Let me know what I can do to further help you! Love you all so very much!

Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes

Only when you pause and ponder is it that we see His Hand and His Plan Unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment