Monday, October 20, 2014

Oct 20
October…. Is almost Gone.
Where in the world did it all go? Halloween is right around the corner. My birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, oh my! People ask how long I have been out and I hate hearing the number that comes out. This time goes by too fast. I just have to keep my nose in the work! It was another great week here in the Kennesaw Mountain Ward (it was weird to be back, but I love it!). None of us will be transferred which is a bonus! Good things are to come!
Up: I have my incredible companion back with me! We did back to back week long exchanges, but Elder Kennedy parachuted out into Carrollton. We did work here, he did work out there. Many lives were changed! President Harding is called of God! I am so blessed to serve alongside him! He has helped me see my potential and continually reach it! Incredible companions make a huge difference too!
Up: Krysta will be baptized Tuesday! It will be such an incredible thing to witness! I know that was likely a reason why I came back to Powder Springs! God’s timing is perfect; his placement is perfect, which makes sense because He is perfect! Perfect love casteth out all fear :)
Down: My weight keeps going down, does that count? Because there really is no downside to serving a mission, and with an eye of optimism, all things are the best!
Up:  My miracle for y’all would have to be our next door neighbor, who found us! About 3 weeks ago, she began speaking to her supervisor, who is a member of the church. She had many conversations with him about the church’s beliefs. He finally gave her a Book of Mormon and was soon after promoted, and she has not seen him since. She moved into our place two weeks ago, and needed to borrow a screw driver for some things she was trying to hang. We started talking with her, and she pulled out the Book of Mormon. We find out she has been searching for truth since she was 14! She loved the Restoration and also the First Vision! Chaqita is incredible! She accepted to be baptized on the 8th of November!
That is about all I have for you! God is good! The Gospel is true! Thanks for all that you do! Who would have knew that I would be far from you?! Sorry, got a little carried away there. Case in point, thanks for all that you do for me! I truly appreciate it all! I wish y’all the best of week! I love you all so much! Have another blessed up week!  
Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes 
I recently lost my mood ring, and I just don’t know how I feel about that???

If it’s in your heart, you’ll do your part.

No comments:

Post a Comment