Thursday, October 9, 2014

Oct 6
Welcome to October
Fall has literally fallen upon us out here. The temperatures have dipped below the 50’s in the morning. It is brisk but beautiful. The leaves should be changing soon too! What a great time to be alive! There is so much to be thankful for, but first and foremost, I am thankful for a Loving Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. They have done everything so that we could be happy. But in a close second (silver medal is still good, right?) would have to be y’all! Thanks for the email! My devoted family! Y’all are truly the best, a sight to behold (depending on what time it is of course…) I am too blessed. Thanks for being who you are!
The Ups! Bro. Hoyt was McDunked! It was a pretty nonchalant service, but the Spirit was certainly there! It has been a long time coming, but it was remarkable. There is nothing that will bring a bigger smile to my face than seeing someone come to the Savior. General Conference was the bomb, was it not? It goes by too quick. That was my third one; I have one more left… Where has time gone? Needless to say, I received answers to my prayers as well! Alonzo had the greatest miracle I have seen in a while (Rick and Tiny like). He called us because he was short $20 on the electric bill (due to the timing). He got his Mom ready, went to a McDonalds to charge his phone and get help. His Mom needs the electricity because she has a breathing machine for when she sleeps. They had to get the money soon or else they couldn’t turn the power on until the next day. On the phone we told him that we couldn’t help with the money, but we could pray. We plead for a miracle, in his behalf. Twenty minutes later, he goes into the McDonald’s bathroom, and lo and behold, a $20 bill had been sitting right next to the trash can. God is a God of Miracles! Faith will always provide a way! We were kind of freaking out, like school girls one might say (no my voice isn’t the highest…). I got to have a dinner at the Holmes home in Lost Mountain! We had Shrimp and Grits as well as Pineapple Crepes (the really thing pancakes!). It was so good! Now I know why I put on so much weight… Everyone seems to notice that I am thinner. I got to see a few old investigators too, Allen and Janet, and also Steve. It is so good to be back! And Krysta will be baptized this week! 
Down: I don’t really have much of these I have come to notice. Conference is over, that’s a bit of a downer. I got nothing. Sorry for all you downers if this happens to be your favorite part.
That is just about all I have. Well, one more thing. I love you all so very much! Thanks for being so truly remarkable and putting up with me! Y’all treat me too well! Thanks for everything and I hope that in some way I can repay y’all! Keep up the good fight of faith! Never be ashamed of the Gospel! Have another blessed up week and I look forward to hearing how it went!

 Love, Elder Dallan Barnes………….Desire delivers divine direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment