Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Previous messageNext messageFull viewJan 12th

Dearest Family!
I love y’all so much! Thanks for the email! I am happy to hear that all is going well! It has been a chilly one this week! Thanks for sending the cold weather, but next time do y’all think we could send some snow with it? It has been an excellent week here on the battlefields of Kennesaw! 
Up: We had five investigators at Sacrament meeting! We had a Liberian Family of three, a part member family, a neighbor to one of our amazing members, then Tom our recovering alcoholic. It was so busy! But on the other hand, it was truly incredible to see the fruits of our efforts! This place is on fire! 
Down: I will be transferred from Kennesaw Mountain. Should make for a really good time though! The Lord needs me in another land with another companion. The intangibles haven’t changed, we still represent the Lord. Our area is on fire, seems like that has been the plan for me in all of my areas, get them going, and then bounce out like rabbit. God’s ways are not our ways! I will be training another missionary, hallelujah for posterity! 
Up: The miracle I have for you actually come as a referral we got from one of the most stalwart members here. His neighbor has lived next to him for eleven years, and has observed him, and the way he takes care of his wife who has Alzheimer’s. She was so impressed that she asked for a Book of Mormon and wanted to learn more. Come to find out as we sat down with her, that her past church hurt her severally. All she wants is to regain the Spirit and constant connection with her Heavenly Father. She wants guidance and to have spiritual healing for the things that she has gone through! She has a rough life to say the least. We had Diane offer the closing prayer for our lesson, during which she totally broke down. It was one of the most sincere and honest prayers I have ever heard. I felt like the Savior again, experiencing the agony she has. The Savior can and will heal her! She came to church yesterday and fell in love with is. We had our Relief Society President be her fellowshipper. The Lord has many prepared!
That is about all, and I am officially signing off our of the Kennesaw Mountain Ward! I have loved this place so much! Not a place I would rather have been! Great things await y’all! Thanks for everything that you do! Keep up the good work! Fight the good fight! Have another blessed up week! Love you all so much! 
Love,

Elder Dallan Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment