Monday, November 24, 2014

Nov 24th
Happy Thanksgiving!
What’s going on for Turkey Day? How is the break treating everyone? On a scale of 1 to Essential, how do you feel about the post Thanksgiving Meal nap? What kind of deals are out there this year? It is so good to hear from everyone! I am so thankful and each and everyone of you! Another email, I am so spoiled! Thanks for all of the Birthday Wishes and Surprises! It was a magnificent day! Y’all even ordered Elder Kopischke for me, what more could I ask for?! Thank you for making it such a magical day! I felt so much love and it means the world to me! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love you all so much! Allow me to run you through the happenings!
Up: Elder Kopishcke is incredible! I don’t even know where to start. I know for a surety that the Priesthood Authority has been restored! He spoke by the tongue of angels! He challenged us to write down some questions of ours and he promised that they would be answered either by him through the Holy Ghost, or by the Holy Ghost alone! Me being me, I wrote down six questions, to put it to the test. The Lord always delivers. He unfolded scriptures, explained doctrine, and the notes I have are worth so much to me. Personal revelation is absolutely essential! The greatest thing that I took away with the questions that I had was to increase in charity. I need more of it! I have a lot of changes to make but I am happy to do so! You had to be there to really feel the power, but wow, my testimony was built! 
Down: I am pretty sure that I will be losing both of my companions this transfer. Elder Kennedy has his visa, departing on the 2nd.  These two are incredible!
Up: Chocolate Covered Strawberries?? Pizza?! Gifts!! It really was more than I could have ever asked for! I have to get a shout out to the amazing Lee family! Grandma and Grandpa Barnes! Grandma and Grandpa C! The Adam’s! My birthday this year will be one that I remember for a good minute!  
Up: We had an appointment with a lady named Janay, who was extremely interested in meeting with us. We showed up for the appointment and she was nowhere to be found. However, when we first met with her, she had an uncle, whose best friend was a member. Tony, had been taught by missionaries, but had some concepts that didn’t gel well with his beliefs. Our first encounter with him was one of disinterest, but he came to the door Saturday Afternoon. He told us Janay was not home, the Spirit took over, and I asked and said that maybe we were sent to see him today. He was a little shocked and stepped right out. He later explained to us that he just barely got out of prison. He spent eight years there on charges that were apparently false. He had lost everything, his wife, family, and business, all gone! We listened and the Spirit taught that lesson. We wept with him on the door step and his heart allowed us in. He accepted to be baptized as he gets his life back on track. We will meet with him tomorrow. Not super often do we get the chance to truly mourn with those that are mourning, but I truly cherish that instance, because it turns me to our Savior and how much he had done for us! Truly, it is a remarkable thing to represent Him!
That is about all I have! Y’all are truly incredible! Angels even! Please keep being happy! Fight the good fight! Have another super thankful and blessed up week! I cannot express it enough! I am so grateful for everyone of you! Every little thing! Please let me know what I can do to better help anyone of you! Love you all so very much!

Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes


Our purpose is to invite all to come unto Christ, by Helping them.

No comments:

Post a Comment