Monday, December 8, 2014

Dearly Beloved!
My Family! My Friends! My Foes even! Good morning! It is an immense privilege to be in your midst! Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, and you! Thanks for being you! Each and every one of you, all the you’s out there have played such a huge role in my life and in sculpting me into who I need to be! The true Spirit of Christmas is upon us, namely, the pure love of Christ! Thank you for possessing that kind of love, because that is exactly what the world needs! It has been a stellar week out here atop the Kennesaw Mountain! Let me tell you, the view is great! If my forecasts are right, it will be a white Christmas! At least with baptisms! Who knows, maybe we can get some snow too. Here’s the weekly update!
Up: It sufficeth me to say that my new companion is the man! Elder Richardson is from Nampa, Idaho, loves sports, has an incredible testimony and desire to do the work, just transferred from Thomaston, has been out 7.5 Months, and helps make my weaknesses strengths! He is calm, cool, and collected. I am so excited to be serving with him this transfer and hopefully I will get to spend a little more than that with him! It is weird being with only one companion, but I think I can get back used to it!
 Up: We get to prepare, plan, and run a Zone Conference on our own. It is quite the feat but it will be a really cool experience for us and the Zone! We also have a Christmas Conference at the Temple next week! Truly we are blessed our here in the big A. It is all about “He is the Gift”.
 Down: We had an investigator, Tony, who totally fell of the radar. He was moving towards baptism, the one that we wept with on the doorstep. Come to find out that he left everything behind and no way to find out where he is. This world seems to be so small, but it also happens to be big enough to people to disappear. We will be praying that somewhere down the road missionaries run into him.
 Up: It’s a Christmas Miracle! This past week’s miracle was with our investigator Princess. We had a meeting with her set for Saturday Evening. Our team up had an emergency and we were left to scramble and put something together. We called and called, all to no avail. We then prayed and were lead to call the Peterson Family. They had a hectic schedule with their five kids, a wedding, and you name it going on, but they so lovingly set aside 45 minutes of their time. It was one of the most incredible lessons I have been a part of, teaching to her need of finding happiness each day through the Atonement of Christ. They ended up offering up their home for dinner on Sunday with her and her family and having her over for the Christmas Devotional as well! It was divinely appointed because this family has told us that they haven’t had an investigator in their home for many years. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father! He cares for us and he cares for all of His Children! Miracles do continue to happen!
 So that is about it! Thanks for all that you do for me! It has been incredible to be here in Georgia! Please let me know what I can do to better help you! Fight the good fight and have a blessed up week! Love you all so much!
 Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes
Don’t pay the price of not praying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment