Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30
Scratch and Ye Shall…
(As we were at a member’s home for dinner, we were talking about the Savior’s command to “ask and ye shall receive”, then one of the other kids, almost all of them are primary aged, said, “Ding the doorbell and it shall be opened unto you.” Then I said what “Scratch and ye shall…” the one daughter concluded my statement with this:) be kicked in the face like the cats that scratch the door. It was truly a hysterical moment, and I am so very thankful that is not the Lord’s policy, otherwise I wouldn’t have many teeth left! There were moments this week where we did receive what we asked for, we knocked and doors were opened, we sought and found. There were also a few moments where foot met face. I’ll explain in a minute, but I can’t let this letter go any further without saying I love you all! Thanks for all that you do for me! Jesus Christ lives! Let me outline the week! 
The Miracle this week has to be our investigator Todd! We have been working with him for a month now, and I am overjoyed to say that he has finally agreed to a baptismal date for April 18th! He made it to church for the 5th time! He has already met many members and is making so many friends! We have him set in three members homes this week for lessons! He is progressing and the Lord is leading him, even if he has been through a rough divorce and a burnt down home. It amazes me how much I need my investigators; I grow with them, and learn so much from them! The gospel is true! We are super excited for Todd in the coming weeks!
We had a bit of a miscommunication with Rosie Sunday morning. She got tripped up and fell on Saturday, bruised up pretty good. We texted her (and this is why texting is dumb) that Satan works really hard to keep people from coming to church, especially as we get closer to Sunday. She interpreted it thinking that we thought she was lying. We got a real talking to, but all was well by the end of it! We got to see her Sunday night; she is doing super awesome though! She is planning to tune into General Conference! Also this week she took hold of the doctrine of Baptisms for the Dead and the Spirit World! It brought a lot of comfort to her, knowing that all her loved ones who hadn’t been baptized could do so now! Her faith is continuing to grow! Like a seed growing, as Alma teaches! 
The Sutton’s were set to come to church as of 9:30Pm Saturday Evening. We got a text at 2:00Am informing us that they wouldn’t make it and that they have found another church. Drive a wedge right in our hearts! They still are going to make us some fajitas. I know the Spirit will start working on them. It will all work out in the end! At the very least, we made some really good friends!
We saw some serious miracles after we had Mission President Interviews. President Harding is called of God! I hope you all get the chance to meet him and his wife! They are some of the highest caliber people I have ever met! He invited us to go out and teach 20 Lessons with Member’s present. I am here to say that with your inspired counsel, my amazing companion, and the goodness of God helped us achieve such! We desired it, prayed for it, then spent and exerted every effort to make it happen. We did our part and the Lord sent forth his power and miracles happened! My faith has grown tremendously! It isn’t about achieving goals alone, but in the service we render! We did much good and that is what fuels me! To see people change and use the Atonement!  
That is an official wrap! Thanks again for all that you do for me! Happy Easter! Enjoy conference! It is going to be dynamite, I can feel it! Fight the good fight of Faith! Thanks for all that you do for me! I love you all so very much! Have a blessed up week! 
Love,
Elder Dallan Barnes

Two Simple Words, One Amazing truth: He Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment